Review ~ Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill

icon
Title: Twice Bitten
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #3
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Published: July 6th 2010





Merit, Chicago’s newest vampire, is learning how to play well with others. Other supernaturals, that is. Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene—and to spy for the vamps while she’s at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan’s offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.

Merit must accept the assignment, even though she knows that she’ll probably regret it. And she’s not wrong. Someone is gunning for Gabriel Keene, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She’ll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals—not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries old master vampire.
Every time I pick up a Chicagoland Vampire book, I get excited!! I love the world, the characters and the great storyline that comes with each book. Even before I begin the book I get little butterflies, because it has been a long time since a vampire series has swept me away like this and I’m excited to dive into it!! Twice Bitten is the 3rd book in the series and it didn’t let me down either!!

A lot of things occurred in Friday Night Bites (book 2), so now things are different for Merit, both in her personal life and with her being a vampire. She needs to mend some bridges and cement herself in the Cadogan House. She is treated as a novelty and a bit of an outsider, but is trying to change and be accepted by the rest of the house. There is still A LOT of sexual tension between Merit and Ethan. I am definitely cheering for her, but Ethan is almost 400 years old and can be a complete ass when it comes to his feelings for Merit. There were heaps of times I wanted to give him a piece of my mind or a tap up the side of his head!! For someone so smart, he is certainly dumb when it comes to his heart!!

The plot in Twice Bitten was awesome as well!! We are learning a lot more about the shifters in the area. The Pack is assembling in Chicago for a meeting and it’s putting pressure on all the supernatural creatures in Chicago. Gabriel, the Pack leader, has an interest in Merit, and this little connection could mean big things for the Vampires. But no matter how well things are planned, the crap always hits the fan!!

Chloe is able to sweep me away into the Chicagoland Vampire world every time!! I love immersing myself into each book; there is plenty of action, mystery and witty lines that have me cracking up!! There are lots of characters that I love and give great supporting roles to Merit and make this series as awesome as it is!! I want more of it now, so let’s see what Hard Bitten has in store for me next!! 




Other Posts from Chloe Neill
Review ~ Some Girls Bite


12 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about these books. I also feel those butterflies before picking one up. I've read 5 books so far and the series just seems to get better and better. What an amazing author!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this series! Sometimes when I read reviews like this it makes me feel like picking it up again... Maybe one day I will.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been so long since I read this, I really want to go and reread the first ones so I can read the rest. Sounds soo good. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gah I love the cover on this one. It's so fun reliving these while you're reading them since I don't have time for re-reads. One day though I'm so going back and reading em all again. fab review Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Anna is happy reliving, and I'm just living vicariously! I want to pick up this series, but time is a major issue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorites - I love the shifters and the action is pretty great. Ethan just drives me insane! I'm glad you're still enjoying the series. Great review :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree... She is amazing. I'm up to book 6 too. I have to buy 7&8 so I can go on!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Loupe!! I'm glad I did that for you!! I want to read the next ones so bad... but I have to catch up with some other stuff first!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha!! I know what you mean!! It is such a fun series you want fresh in your mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the covers in this series are awesome!! I would reread them too.... probably when the series is done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha!! Yes, time is usually the issue!! I hope you get to pick it up... it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG YES!! Ethan drives me totally insane too!! I LUV this series so much!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)