Review ~ Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

Title: Some Girls Bite
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #1
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Published: April 7th 2009






I was a grad student until Chicago vampires announced their existence to the world, and a rogue vampire attacked me, scared by the master of Cadogan House. To save me, Ethan Sullivan converted me. The Lord of the Hyde Park manor is tall, green-eyed, full of four centuries worth of charm. Suddenly I am handy with serious weaponry, and pursued by an unknown enemy.
It has been a little while since I have read a good Vampire novel, so I began this series hoping that I would find something that I would enjoy. Not only did I enjoy it, but it looks like I have found another series to add to my list of fav’s!! Some Girls Bite has suspense, action and plenty of twists to keep you flicking the pages for more.

Merit was unfortunate enough to be turned without her consent and was thrust into the world of Vampires. The thing about Merit is that she has a mind of her own and doesn’t like to be given orders; she likes her independence and has never had any interest in the Vampire world. So now that she is a vampire, she is finding it difficult to adjust to her new life and resents Ethan for changing her. It was amusing to watch her rebel and push Ethan’s buttons. She has a bit of a temper but she is very good at reining it in. She has plenty of quick witted remarks but in the end she has to decide whether or not to step up and become a member of the Cadogan House. She is a character that I really like and I am looking forward to see how she develops in future books.

Ethan is head of his house and I found him quite entertaining. He is almost 400 years old and you can see that in him. He is very prim and proper and commands a lot of respect from his family. There are other characters who give great depth to the story too, most of whom I liked!! Mallory, Merit’s best friend is the kind of friend I’d like to have, she sets you on the right path and will call you out on any crap you try to pull. Catcher and Jeff are good people and great allies for Merit, they help her to adjust a lot. There are some Vamps I like too, they all gel together to build a great story.


The way Chloe writes is simply fantastic!! I loved how she weaved Merit’s POV and I could just imagine how she would react to everything that is going on. I had only one book to wrap my mind around the world that she has created, and I think we have only just touched on the fantasy, magic and supernatural elements that are in this world. I am looking forward to diving into the next book, Friday Night Bites!!





14 comments:

  1. I love how excited you get about books, that totally makes me want to read them. Merit is an awesome heroine name. I've heard great things about the Chicagoland Vampires, I think I might have to add this one to the list :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely need to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review, I should totally read these with you..this series has been on my wishlist and every time I see a review ..i sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know!! Lately I have been reading some fun books, but this series is blowing me away!! Merit is awesome.... and Ethan, so droolworthy!! You'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you do!! It's such a great series!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kimberly!! I'm lovin this series, I'm 4 books into it.... wanting more NOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg omg I love this series Naomi! i didn't realize you hadn't read it. Gah she is so good!! She writes a ya series as well that's pretty damn good. It's one of the few I've read and enjoyed :) Ahh can't wait to see what you think of the rest of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am addicted to it!! I finished Hard Bitten on the weekend.... hardest review ever to write.... starting Drink Deep RIGHT NOW!! I need to know what happens now.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Great Review I will definitely be picking this book up and finally reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you reading these out of order? Isn't that a little confusing? I loved the first three books so much! The way the worldbuilding went, the introduction of the characters and the different cases Merit worked on were awesome!


    I'm glad you're having fun with this :)


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay!! I hope you do!! But brace yourself for the tension! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha.... No I am reading them in order, I've been posting some teasers!! I am loving it, I promise (got frustrated with Hard Bitten! That ending... argh!!) Just finished Drink Deep! Bit conflicted, but I think I'll sit on it for a while, read some other books and order books 7&8.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! I need to get my hands on the last that was released... I had actually forgotten all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's so many, and 9&10 next year.... argh!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't leave a comment please EMAIL ME a quick message!! Disqus may have some tweeks :)